Goya champuru is one of the most famous Okinawan dishes and is popular among some fans of the bitter taste including those people outside of Okinawa Prefecture. This chip snack from an Okinawan confectionery manufacturer recreates this flavor.
Goya champuru is a stir-fried dish that is made with goya (bitter melon or bitter gourd), pork, tofu- (bean curd), and egg. It is a typical Okinawan dish that is hearty and healthy, and is widely consumed all over Japan. It is said that goya champuru is also available in Hawaii as there are many Okinawan restaurants there.
Enjoy its bitterness combined with light and fluffy chips in this snack. For adults, this snack can be a great option to accompany a glass of beer.
- Contents: Pack of 5 bags
- Net weight (per bag): 60g
- Main ingredients: Starch, vegetable oil, goya champuru flavor seasoning (sugar, soy sauce, and egg yolk, protein hydrolysate, salt, spices, powdered meat extract, shrimp, salt, goya powder), granulated sugar
- Nutrition facts (per bag): Energy 302kcal, protein 1.7g, fat 15.6g, carbohydrate 38.7g, sodium 1.8g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, egg, shrimp, soybean, pork, chicken
- Made in Japan
- REBECCA B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars10/20/22Good
Good, though not very similar in taste to Goya champuru.