Most visitors to our store understand the fact that dashi plays a significant role in making delicious Japanese dishes. This ready-to-use, colorant-free dashi base will make the cooking process much easier.
Shiro dashi literally means "white dashi", and is one of the oft-used dashi condiments that is instantly by just diluting this product with water.
It is made with two different kinds of bonito flakes, mackerel flakes, and kombu from Hokkaido. You can quickly cook Japanese dishes without losing the original color of ingredients.
Dilute this product with either cold or hot water. You can add sugar, vinegar, or mirin sweet sake to adjust the taste.
The following is the recommended dilution ratios corresponding to each Japanese dish (ratio of shiro dashi to water):
- 4 servings Oden (Japanese hotchpotch) → 100ml : 1,100ml
- 4 servings Nabemono (Japanese hot pot) → 70ml : 700ml
- 1 serving topping sauce for udon → 30ml : 270ml
- 3 servings osuimono (Japanese clear soup) → 30ml : 400ml
- Chawan-mushi (Japanese savory egg custard / 2 eggs) → 30ml : 360ml
- Tamagoyaki (Japanese omelet / 3 eggs) → 10ml : 50ml
- Takikomi-gohan (Japanese mixed rice) → approximately 45ml per 300g of rice
- Net contents: 1,000ml
- Main ingredients: Salt, sugar, soy sauce, bonito flake, mackerel flake, vinegar, kombu, alcohol
- Nutrition facts (per 100ml): Energy 38kcal, protein 1.5g, fat 0g, carbohydrate 8.0g, sodium 13.7g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, mackerel, soybean
- Note: Make sure to refrigerate this product once opened.
- Made in Japan
- Shinji S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars10/4/22Ninben Shiro Dashi Sauce
Basic necessity for cooking , I use the "Ninben Shiro Dashi Sauce" for almost all our
soup base and dashi requirements.