Yamaki Kappo Shiro Dashi is a concentrated soup base made with bonito flakes that adds aroma, saltiness, and umami to any dish without changing the original food color or ingredients.
This shiro dashi stock concentrate contains only carefully chosen quality katsuoboshi (dried bonito flakes) and is a staple cooking ingredient for any aspiring chefs of Japanese cuisine.
A small amount of shiro dashi concentrate goes a long way and can quickly add flavor to any simmered dishes from vegetables to pasta. This popular seasoning is also often used in traditional Japanese dishes such as udon noodles with shirodashi soup, oden (similar to hotpot), and shabu shabu (meat hotpot).
For further details on how to use shiro dashi, see the directions for use below.
You can use shiro dashi for many kinds of dishes like cooking rice, pasta, vegetables, fish and meat.
Just dilute it with water by adding the following ratio of dashi to water:
- For soups: 1:9 ratio of dashi to water.
- For noodle soups (Udon, soba, etc.): ratio 1:7
- For simmering vegetables and other ingredients: 1:6~8
- For Cooking Dashi flavoured rice: Mix 50ml of dashi with 300g of rice and add the quantity of water that you normally need for cooking that much rice.
- You can also use it for cooking many other dishes.
- Net contents: 500ml
- Gary C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars4/13/22Expectations Truly Satisfied
I'm extremely pleased with everything about this product. I make a lot of my own clear broths to use with noodles and vegetables and the addition of a small amount of this concentrate makes such a difference to the overall flavour. It gives a fuller and more rounded taste to purely vegetable based stocks as well as pulses and I love knowing it will last me for quite a while. Thank you.
- SVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 stars4/7/22Received Shiro Dashi
I have received the order but there is no sticker with english language on the product. The product I received is valid for only 7 months. So check this before ordering.
- Patricia A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2/3/22Great product
This dashi makes a real taste difference and gives my dishes a very nice authentic Japanese touch.
- ISABELLE F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars4/8/21Daishi
Une base pour beaucoup de mes plats. Il est très bien .
- Daniel R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars8/21/205 Stars
Good experience with this product. The product itself is very good and quick shipping.