If you are looking for authentic kombu seaweed but cannot find it at the Asian market near you, why not consider purchasing it at our shop? Authentic Japanese kombu is now available at Japanese Taste.
This is an economy-sized pack of dried kombu that is gathered in Hidaka subprefecture, Hokkaido.
Among the seven kombu species harvested in Hokkaido, Hidaka kombu (also known as Mistuishi) has a soft texture and mellow flavor. As a result, it is the most versatile variation that can be used for both dashi and edible use.
Kombu is a wonderful food that enables you to have a vegan-friendly dashi stock.
For dashi soup, gently wipe the kombu with a dry towel, and let it soak in a pot of water for 30 minutes. Then cook it on medium heat until the water gets boiled.
For edible use, you can use it as kobumaki (stuffed kombu roll), kombu knot for oden, and tsukudani (simmered foods seasoned in sweet soy sauce).
- Net contents: 100g
- Ingredient: Hidaka Kombu (from Hokkaido)
- Notes: There are some white powdery residues on a kombu surface, which is a dried umami and is safe to eat. However, if it looks fluffy or stringy that smells moldy, avoid consumption.
- Made in Japan
- WTWILLIAM T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7/9/23Tasty
Very good quality.
- KCKhrystyna C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/28/23great for dashi
- HSHitomi S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/6/23High quality kombu
High quality kombu with excellent results!
- PHPhil H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8/9/22Dried Japanese Kombu Seaweed Hidaka Kombu 100g.
Excellent, and a fair price compared to other competitors.
- ABAtsuko B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6/17/22Hidaka kombu
I use this kombu for soup stock together with bonito flakes. Excellent