House Foods Vermont Japanese Curry Roux Sauce Medium-Hot 230g
House Foods launched Vermont Curry in 1963 with the idea to create a curry that grownups could enjoy together with children.
Originally curry was a very spicy dish only suitable for adults. With the addition of apples and honey to the recipe, House Foods achieved a delicious mild flavor curry preserving the original aroma, color and flavor.
Now whole families could enjoy curry together anytime they wanted!
While mild compared to other Japanese curries, House Vermont Curry is also available in three distinct levels of spiciness:
DIRECTIONS OF USE:
Ingredients (for 12 servings):
- 1 pack of House Vermont Curry Sauce Mix
- Beef, pork or chicken meat (1-1/8 lb, 500 g)
- 4 medium onions (1-3/4 lb, 800 g)
- 4 medium potatoes (1-1/2 lb, 600 g)
- 1 medium carrot (1/2 lb, 200 g)
How to prepare:
- Cut meat, onions, carrot and potatoes into bite-size pieces. Sauté in saucepan until lightly browned.
- Add 5-3/4 cups (1400 mL, 47 fl. oz) of water and bring to boil. Cook over low to medium heat about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat. Break curry bar into pieces and add to saucepan.
- Cook over low heat about 20 minutes, or until curry thickens. Serve over cooked rice or pastas.
Note: When using a half packet, please add half the amount of the ingredients mentioned and 3-1/2 cups of (approx. 850 mL, 29 fl oz) of water.
- Spiciness level: Medium-Hot
- Contents: 230g (12 servings)
- Made in: Japan