This is a premium black vinegar that Marushige claims is a waste to use for cooking, so they recommend drinking it as a refreshing and healthy beverage that is full of minerals and amino acids.
Marushige brews this vinegar by fermenting steamed brown rice and natural, local water in a traditional open-air jar. After fermentation, the vinegar is aged in a larger container for between 3 and 5 years. Just like Japanese sake, wine, and shoyu soy sauce - the longer it is aged, the deeper the flavor and richness that develops.
This is an additive-free, premium vinegar brewed from natural, local ingredients. The natural fermentation process ensures it’s packed full of nutrients and flavor. Why not give it a try?
- Just a few simple, natural ingredients.
- Fermented naturally using traditional methods.
- Black vinegar that has been aged for a minimum of 3 years (up to 5 years).
- 4500mg acetic acid per 100ml.
- 616mg of amino acids per 100ml.
- Full of minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron.
Mix one part vinegar with five to seven parts water or carbonated water for a refreshing drink. Add a small amount of vinegar to Japanese sake or other spirits for a sharp, alcoholic drink.
Marushige also recommends mixing with beer for an interesting flavor combination.
- Net contents: 185ml
- Acidity: 4.5%
- Ingredients: Brown rice (from Japan)
- Nutritional information (per 100ml): 22kcal, 1g protein, 0g fat, 5.7g carbohydrates, 0g salt
- Made in Japan