Unlike most of the shiitake sold out there, which are cultivated on artificial substrate, these certified organic dried Japanese shiitake mushrooms are cultivated outdoors on real logs in Japan.
Nature made Shiitake contains rich "Guanosine monophosphate (GMP)" which makes the umami flavor taste more intensely.
Sawtooth oak is used to cultivate the shiitake. The Shiitake mushrooms take nutriment from the logs and the moisture from the deep fogs of the forest.
Dried Shiitake has 10 times more GMP than fresh one and the process of drying and rehydrating increases even more the GMP of Shiitake.
Wash lightly with water and sink the shiitake on a container under water.
Keep refrigerated into the fridge during 24 hours to increase the levels of GMP.
Use for cooking, salads or as soup stock.
- Net contents: 70g
- WTWILLIAM T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6/7/23Tasty
Very good quality
- HWHiroko W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars4/16/23旨味
- PLPaul L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/19/23It makes steaming eggs tasty.
Good quality and low price compared with those imported from Taiwan.
- KCKamyee C.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productRated 2 out of 5 stars11/12/22Not very fresh with old fragrance
Read that Sugimoto Shitake Mushrooms has good fragrance. I was a little upset that it had old (not fresh) fragrance. Hope Japanese Taste could carry good fragrance Shitake Mushrooms that are selling in Japan Department stores.Japanese Taste11/16/22
Hi Kamyee, thank you for your comment and we appreciate your feedback! We hope in the future that we will have the capacity to sell fresh shiitake mushrooms to our customers.
- MWMichael W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7/8/22Great mushrooms
Expensive, but very tasty!
- MJMs J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5/26/22Awesome,
Timely delivery well package high-quality product. Would purchase again. Great customer service.