The Ki-ippon is a type of soy sauce from Japanese soy sauce brewery, Yuasa Shoyu. It is an authentic black soybean sauce that is brewed in a cedar barrel for two years. Ki-ippon means a soy sauce without mixtures. In other words, this product is a pure black soy sauce with essential ingredients only.
A sommelier who tried this soy sauce mentioned that it has the flavor of dark chocolate and sugar syrup. The umami comes first and saltiness spreads after that, and pairs well with dishes that go great with red wine.
- All ingredients (black soybeans, wheat, salt, and koji malt) are harvested and processed in Japan.
- It is brewed in a wooden cedar tank and is manually processed by artisans.
- It features deep umami, faint sweetness, and a mild flavor.
- This soy sauce is supported by professional chefs in Japan and from overseas.
- It is additive-free and does not contain GMO black soybeans.
- Net contents: 200ml
- Ingredients: Black soybean, wheat, salt
- Nutrition facts (per 100ml): Energy 115kcal, protein 13g, fat 0g, carbohydrate 16g, sodium 16.1g
- Potential allergen: Soybean, wheat
- Made in Japan