If you love spicy foods and are looking for a new spicy Japanese snack to try out then this extra-hot tempura snack from Daiko is the perfect snack for you.
Daiko Noriten Biriri Kun is a chip-like tempura snack consisting of thin nori seaweed sheets that have been deep-fried in thick, crunchy tempura batter. The chips are coated in a salty and sweet seasoning of combining hot red chili pepper and kasho (also known as huajiao or Szechuan pepper) to bring a burning and tingling sensation to your tongue.
Enjoy the satisfying thick crunch of tempura, the light flavor of nori seaweed, and a great balance of spiciness, saltiness and sweetness in this unique Japanese snack.
This snack also makes the perfect accompaniment to a cold glass of beer.
- Contents: Pack of 10 bags
- Net weight (per bag): 70g
- Main ingredients: Tempura flour (flour, starch), vegetable oil, nori seaweed, egg white, spices, sansho seasoning, starch, salt, powdered egg shell
- Nutrition facts (per 100g): Energy 563kcal, protein 7.7g, fat 36.9g, carbohydrate 50g, sodium 3.1g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, egg, soybean, chicken, sesame
- Made in Japan
- TWTerry W.Verified BuyerReviewingDaiko Noriten Biriri Kun Spicy Togarashi Tempura Seaweed Chips (Pack of 10)I recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars12/31/22Different
Apparently an acquired taste. Not recommended for the uninitiated.