Fukuyamasu uses the traditional method of maturing vinegar in open-air clay pots, to ensure that this is not only a high-quality product, but an authentic one.
The finished product is a mellow, flavorful vinegar which is ideal to use in dipping sauces or marinades with gyoza dumplings, grilled fish, or any other dish with a lot of oil or salt. It's a refreshing seasoning that will help balance out a dish with other powerful elements. Alternatively, you can mix it with water or soda water for a refreshing and nutritious drink.
Fukuyamasu's black vinegar is produced using methods protected under the Geographical Indication (GI) system, and they proudly display their GI certification seal on the bottle, meaning that their product is unique to their region, and produced in an authentic way.
They use only brown rice, rice koji and water, with absolutely no additives or preservatives, which develops into a nutritious vinegar full of amino acids. You won't regret trying this delicious, natural Japanese black rice vinegar.
- Aged for more than 2 years
- Additive-free, preservative-free
- Full of amino acids
- 100% domestic Japanese brown rice
- Great for sauces, dressings, or as a drink
- Ingredients: Japanese brown rice
- Contents: 500ml
- Made in Japan
- BZBrian Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/4/23Ridiculously good
I have been getting more into deeper ferments, namely shoyu and stumbled upon a video with this vinegar. I was blown away by the dedication to excellence and time honored tradition that goes into making this. What can I say, it's malty, acetic, rich and has a lingering flavor on the palate which I am kind of at loss of words for - somewhat floral but hay-like.
This and a good Shoyu are perfect companions for dipping Grilled Pacific Oysters. No need to get any fancier - this does the trick.
- ELEdy L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/22/22Healthy vinegar!
Authentic kurozu. I will order again.
- ALAmber L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/20/21Highly recommended!
Amazing service from Japanese Taste - really quick courier service - to be honest postage is a little bit pricey but you pay for what you get. And I’m absolutely happy paying that extra dollar for a prompt service. It’s not easy to find this brand of vinegar in the local Japanese mart. I am glad Japanese Taste has it! Second time purchasing!
- BPBeernadette P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars11/12/21Expensive product
So far, I have used this vinegar as a salad dressing. I do like the subtle delicate and appealing flavour of this product. Nonetheless, I was surprised at the additional taxes/duties added to the item on arrival in Canada. So for this reason, I will not be reordering. Too expensive!