The Iwachu Baum Iron Kettle is a simple and modern-designed Japanese kettle. It inherits traditions of Japanese ironware called Nambu Tekki.
This type of kettle is commonly used for boiling and serving hot water for drinking. The taste of hot water will be gentle and very mellow. If you take it into your daily life, you can also replenish a shortage of iron.
A tetsubin (Japanese term meaning "iron kettle"), is a masterpiece that fits in any house and if used correctly it is for life.
The internal of this kettle is processed with high-temperature firing method: intensive heating generates a natural protective film that gives the internal rust-resistance benefits.
When using, fill the water in the kettle to about 80% of its maximum capacity. Heating it in full water could result in spillage.
Although rustproof treatment is applied to this product, moisture may cause rust and this is common in ironware. If you wish to avoid corrosion, do not leave water in and dry with residual heat after use. If moisture still remains, remove the lid and heat for about 30 seconds.
The iron kettle is a product exclusively for boiling water. Do not touch the inside of the iron kettle or it may damage the anti-rust film coating.
Wipe the surface with a damp cloth when the hot kettle is hot and a dry wipe when the kettle is cold.
- Model number: 11722
- Materials: Cast iron (body, with silicon coating) / forged iron (handle, with baking treatment)
- Maximum capacity: 1.1 liter
- Dimensions (H×W×D): 19.8×15×18.5cm (including handle)
- Weight: Approx. 1.9 kg
- Compatible heat source: Gas flame, direct, flame, IH (100V, 200V)
- Notes: The handle is fixed: it is not movable. Due to the nature of casting, each kettle has some individual differences.
- Made in Japan
- DBD&D B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10/9/23Best iron kettle ever
Absolutely love this iron kettle, its form, its function is so perfect. Design wise looks stunning on my stove and the gentle sound of boiling water when it’s ready is so calming. Highly recommend this product, worth the price.