The Castella Zanmai is a brand of castella sponge cake from Kashuen Moricho. This is an innovative castilla cake without preservatives that can be eaten up to 240 days after its manufacture date.
Castella is a sponge cake originating from the Kingdom of Castile, a large and powerful state on the Iberian Peninsula during the Middle Ages. It usually features a rectangular shape with spongy cake in the center and dark brown crusts on the top and bottom of it. The bottom crust has crunchy zarame (coarse sugar) pieces, which give a nice contrast of texture with the fluffiness of the castella.
Despite this cake being additive-free, its expiration period is about eight months (when unopened) thanks to the manufacturer’s specially-designed aluminum packaging.
Enjoy its aroma of egg and honey that lasts far longer than any other conventional castella cake.
- Net contents: 110g (cut into 3 slices)
- Ingredients: Sugar, egg, flour, starch syrup, honey
- Potential allergens: Egg, wheat
- Note: You can store this product at room temperature, but avoid storing under high humidity and temperature.
- Made in Japan
- AbdullahVerified BuyerI do not recommend this productRated 2 stars8/12/22Too sugary
I actually don't like this product. It has great packaging, but the cake itself is small, expensive, and has a very sugary taste.