This is a premium, natural Japanese rice vinegar produced by Marushige. This vinegar is produced in a very unique way, to pack it full of umami and Japanese flavors.
Lovers of bonito (katsuobushi), Japanese dashi, and typical Japanese flavors shouldn't miss this fantastic, unique product. Marushige combines high-quality Makurazaki bonito from Kagoshima prefecture, with their premium rice malt and local, soft water to ferment together in a traditional open-air jar.
This creates rice vinegar that is so complex in flavor and nutrition. This bonito rice vinegar contains 1382mg of amino acids per 100ml, far more than in a standard rice vinegar.
- Just a few simple, natural ingredients.
- Fermented naturally using traditional methods.
- Great for cooking, seasoning, or using as a dressing.
- Free from artificial flavorings, preservatives, and sugar.
Add a small amount to natto or miso soup to boost the umami. Use it as a dressing with olive oil over salads and carpaccio. Drizzle over grilled fish or fried chicken for a refreshing taste full of Japanese flavors.
Marushige also strongly recommends making pickles with this vinegar, as it will enrich the vegetables with the flavor of bonito.
- Net contents: 500ml
- Ingredients: Rice malt, dried bonito, water
- Nutritional information (per 100ml): 33kcal, 2.8g protein, 0g fat, 6.5g carbohydrates, 0g salt
- Made in Japan