This rectangular copper frying pan from Marushin is perfect for making Japanese tamagoyaki omelettes.
Copper has excellent thermal conductivity and heat retention properties, so the heat can spread uniformly over the cooking surface. As a result, you typically use less energy while cooking, and the omelette will be cooked more evenly, with fewer dak spots.
Copper cookware is very durable, hygenic, and corrosion-resistant. The rectangular shape of this pan is in the Kansai (western Japan) style, so if you're interested in cooking Kansai-style omelettes, it's perfect for you.
- Copper cookware is a top-of-the-range cookware that meets the highest cooking requirements.
- Because the heat spreads evenly, the risk of scorching the meal is significantly reduced with copperware.
- Also, food prepared with copper cookware stays warm longer than food prepared with other type of cookware.
- Compared with iron and stainless steel, copper conducts heat five times better and twenty times better, respectively.
After using the pan, wait to cool down and clean with kitchen paper. Paint the pan with a bit of oil and store.
Another option is to clean with a sponge and soak lightly if you are concerned about oil.
- Size: 18x22.5cm
- Note: This product is not IH compatible.
- Made in Japan
- IPIrina P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/30/23Irina
Exceptional quality of the product. Amazing omelette pan
- SNSuzanne N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8/27/21Must have pan for tamagoyaki
I had an aluminum non stick pan that I had been using but noticed that it was difficult to regulate the heat and I had to work hard at obtaining the golden layers of the rolled omelet. Saw the artisans making this pan on NHK and decided it they took that much care it had to be a great pan! Used it and fell in love! The heavy copper held the perfect temperature and the tin lining is virtually nonstick with the thinnest film of oil wiped on with a paper towel. I may have to buy the larger size as my tamagoyaki is in great demand with my family.
- BSBrenda S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/6/21Highly recommended
This pan is great. My husband has become very good at making omelettes in it. Great heat conduction.