Meiji Karl Cheese Puffs are a corn-based puffed snack blended with a crispy light texture made with six kinds of cheese to bring out a rich cheesy flavor that melts in your mouth. This Japanese snack food has been popular since its launch in 1968 and is available in two flavors; salted and cheese.
Meiji Cheese Curls, which are sold exclusively in West Japan, also have their own mascot called Karl, which in Japanese is written and sounds the same as curl （カール, Kāru). Originally, inspired by American popcorn, Meiji tried to make the snack with other ingredients such as potatoes, peas, and rice, but they didn’t swell up enough or swelled too much. Eventually the company realised that corn was a perfect match, well-shaped and filling, and the snack was born!
- Contents: 10 bags
- Net weight (per bag): 64g
- Made in Japan
- Tim B.Verified BuyerReviewingMeiji Karl Cheese Curls Corn Puff Snack (Box of 10 Bags)I recommend this productRated 5 stars1/26/23Five stars
Love these! Fresh and fast delivery. Will buy again.
- Yvonne C.Verified BuyerReviewingMeiji Karl Cheese Curls Corn Puff Snack (Box of 10 Bags)I recommend this productRated 5 stars1/16/23Favorite Family Chips!
My favorite and best chips! Very delicious! Thank you!
- Dell E.Verified BuyerReviewingMeiji Karl Cheese Curls Corn Puff Snack 64gI recommend this productRated 5 stars1/16/23Favorite chips
It's been a long time and the kids were happy.
- Catherine M.Verified BuyerReviewingMeiji Karl Cheese Curls Corn Puff Snack 64gI recommend this productRated 5 stars1/9/23Meiji Karl Cheese Curls
Love this cheese curls corn puffs. I order them every time I run out and especially around Christmas. My grand children love it so it goes in their stocking.
- Susan K.Verified BuyerReviewingMeiji Karl Cheese Curls Corn Puff Snack (Box of 10 Bags)I recommend this productRated 5 stars1/9/23I finally found them!!
I have loved these Karl Cheese Curls for over 40 years! They have been very difficult to find in the States! I actually brought an empty suitcase to California, so that I could fill it up with these lovely snacks. But I was not able to find them...ANYWHERE!! I traveled all over Orange County and Los Angeles, to every Japanese and Asian store I could find!
I was worried that they were no longer made!
Thank goodness for Japanese Taste! I have already gone through almost an entire case! Time to order some more!