Chinsuko Cookies, or Okinawan Shortbread Cookies, are made in Okinawa since the Ryukyu Kingdom. Besides its long history, this shortbread type sweet has a delicious mild sweet taste and crispy texture.
Chinsuko is basically made of lard, flour and sugar. But this variation of the acclaimed Japanese sweet features Yukishio (snow salt) from Miyakojima island in Okinawa, so it has a slightly salty after-taste.
Yukishio, or snow salt, is extracted by pumping underground water from the Okinawan island of Miyakojima and has high mineral contents and a powdery texture.
Nanpudo Yukishio Chinsuko is one of the typical souvenirs to buy and take back home when visiting Okinawa.
- Net contents: Box of 48 cookies
- Made in Okinawa, Japan
- Iosif B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars7/15/225 Stars
my kids love itWas this helpful?
- Rheabeth M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars5/11/22Fast Shipping
Exactly what I was looking for and very quick shipping turn around. Thanks!Was this helpful?
- Fran T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2/1/22Love love love these cookies!
I received my order much faster than expected! I will definitely be ordering more!Was this helpful?
- Niv P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars10/24/21Perfect alone or with tea/ coffee
The cookies are sweet, but not too sweet, and are delicious with a perfect crumble as you bite into it. It goes very well with a cup of tea or any beverage and is also just as delicious as a sweet treat when the craving strikes.Was this helpful?
- DaysiaVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars7/20/21Super glad that I didn’t get scammed
For anyone wary of buy these, do not worry. Not only did the cookies arrive quickly, but they also tasted really good. I’ve been looking for these everywhere. After I moved away from Okinawa, it seemed like I couldn’t buy them anywhere except Amazon and the only ones I could purchase costed 45 bucks. So for anyone who is scared to buy these,, I promise it’s totally worth it.Was this helpful?