Chinsuko Cookies, or Okinawan Shortbread Cookies, are made in Okinawa since the Ryukyu Kingdom. Besides its long history, this shortbread type sweet has a delicious mild sweet taste and crispy texture.
Chinsuko is basically made of lard, flour and sugar. But this variation of the acclaimed Japanese sweet features Yukishio (snow salt) from Miyakojima island in Okinawa, so it has a slightly salty after-taste.
Yukishio, or snow salt, is extracted by pumping underground water from the Okinawan island of Miyakojima and has high mineral contents and a powdery texture.
Nanpudo Yukishio Chinsuko is one of the typical souvenirs to buy and take back home when visiting Okinawa.
- Net contents: Box of 48 cookies
- Made in Okinawa, Japan
- SleepyGatoVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/21/23Great crumbly shortbread
Best shortbread I've had in a while, perfectly buttery and granular texture from the sugar. I have packet a day as a treat with tea. The box has a good amount and they are currently on sale! I'm curious to try the other flavors of chinsuko Japanese Taste carries.
- Ulkar J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/17/23👍
Very taste goods
- w s.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3/3/23delicious
3 Mar 2023
Haisai, We were gifted this wonderful product by homestay students from Naha HS.
Packaging is excellent to preserve a very delicious shortbread cookie.
It is wonderful to share with others.
ippe nifee deebiru!
- VIRGINIA K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1/19/23cookies
These were delicious
- Timothy M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/15/23Best. Cookies... Ever.
I love these Okinawan shortbread cookies! They are the perfect texture with just the right amount of sweetness! It's really hard for me to not eat them all at once. A must-buy, you will not regret it!!