This Okonomiyaki Flour Mix contains plenty of grated yam potato, which makes okonomiyaki more fluffy and light in texture.
Besides yam potato this Nisshin Okonomiyaki Flour already has bonito and konbu dashi (Japanese basic broth) incorporated on the mix. Dashi enhances the umami taste and aroma of okonomiyaki. You will just need to add the other ingredients to make okonomiyaki (see Instructions).
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake that mainly consists of batter and cabbage.
The word "okonomi" means your choice or how you like. And the word "yaki" means grilled or cooked. Thus, you can add different toppings and ingredients to the batter and cabbage base. The most common fillings are pork, squid, octopus, shrimp, kimchi and green onion. And for the toppings; okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise, katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) or aonori (type of seaweed).
Ingredients for 2 servings: 100g of the flour mix, 150cc of water, 2 eggs, 300g of cabbage, and ingredients of your choice.
- Mix the flour mix and water in a bowl and stir.
- Add cabbage, egg and the rest of ingredients. Mix them all well.
- Put the complete dough into a pan in a shape of round. Grill with the heat about 200℃ until it gets brown.
- Flip the dough and cook the other side as well. When it's cooked, top with sauce and seasoning of your choice.
- Net contents: 400g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, milk, shrimp, soybean, yam
- Made in Japan