Otafuku Japanese Okonomiyaki Set 4 Servings
Otafuku Okonomiyaki set is an individualised cooking set containing; okonomiyaki mix powder, tempura crisps, yam powder, and aonori (dried seaweed), to easily prepare Japanese okonomiyaki.
With the additional (not included in the pack) of cabbage, eggs and any topping you like, you can create delicious okonomiyaki.
What is Okonomiyaki?
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake that mainly consists of batter and cabbage. The word "okonomi" means your choice or how you like. And the word "yaki" means grilled or cooked. Thus, you can add different toppings and ingredients to the batter and cabbage base. The most common fillings are pork, squid, octopus, shrimp, kimchi and green onion. And for the toppings; okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise, katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) or aonori (type of seaweed).
How to cook:
- Put 160cc water in a bowl. Add the flour mix (white package) with the pink package.
- Then add about 300g of cabbage, 2 eggs, green onion and the tempura crisps.
- Heat the frying pan and add the mixture on the pan. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sliced bacon on top of it if you want.
- Flip the pancake.
- Put the lid over them and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip again and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise and bonito flakes on top.
Each pack comes with two sets inside, serving 4 okonomiyaki pancakes in total.