Sangi Apagard Smokin' is an anti-caries and restorative Japanese toothpaste featuring remineralising agent nano mHap and minimal or zero abrasives.
This stain care type toothpaste contains added stain removal ingredients and also a pearling ingredient, conchiolin, for added luster, and gloss.
Mild mint flavour.
Nano Medical HAP (nano<mHAP>) is a proprietary form of the calcium phosphate compound calcium apatite, originally developed by Sangi and clinically approved as an anti-caries ingredient in Japan in 1993.
Nano<mHAP> is almost the same substance as the HAP of our teeth thus it is safe, biocompatible and even edible!
Nano<mHAP> protects and restores tooth enamel in 3 ways:
- Collecting and helping to remove plaque: its nanoparticles bind protein such as oral bacteria and plaque fragments during brushing, facilitating their removal from the mouth.
- Filling surface fissures: the crystalline calcium phosphate nanoparticles directly replace lost mineral to restore subsurface demineralized areas of tooth enamel (incipient caries) and fill microscopic fissures on the enamel surface.
- Remineralizing subsurface demineralized areas (incipient caries): it directly replaces lost mineral to restore subsurface demineralized areas of tooth enamel (incipient caries).
Finally it also relieves tooth sensitivity by filling and coating exposed dentin tubules.
- Net contents: 105g
- Format: Protected aluminum laminated tube with one-touch cap.
- Made in Japan
- TLTeresa L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/4/22For a white smile, strong teeth and stain guard
Nano-hydroxyapatite is the most efficient way to build enamel for strong teeth and a white smile. Used in Japan for years, it is now the hot new ingredient seen in the new, but be careful of imitators.
Sangi is the original source; they manufacture X-PUR Remin toothpaste for Canada's leading supplier, Oral Science. I find the Sangi brand toothpastes nicer to use than Remin, so I ordered from Japanese Taste. Imagine how awesome it was to find it in my mailbox even before I had time to look for the tracking number! Thank you!
Mechanism of Action
The main substance of our teeth is hydroxyapatite (97 % of enamel and 70 % of dentin), a calcium phosphate compound. This ingredient is safe and highly biocompatible. Nano medical hydroxyapatite (
) particles penetrate below the surface of the enamel, providing replacement calcium and phosphate ions to areas from which minerals have dissolved, thereby remineralizing the demineralized enamel and restoring its integrity and translucent gloss.
The use of hydroxyapatite toothpaste to prevent dental caries
In vitro and in situ studies are demonstrating promising results of HAP toothpastes on the remineralization of enamel lesions and preventing/reducing demineralization. Specifically, research appears to demonstrate either its superiority or equivalency to fluoride toothpaste as anti-caries agents. Although there are a small number of randomized clinical trials available on this topic,…
- RRalfsVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8/3/22Good toothpaste
Cleans very well!
- AKAlyssa K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4/23/22Most amazing
Incredible. I'm a smoker, with getting older and also wearing a mask during the pandemic, my smile had really deteriorated. I began using sangi smokers on my front teeth and the premio on the rest. The results were phenomenal. My teeth were white again and the rest, my worn discolored enamel became uncolored and all my teeth pain vanished. I reccomend to everyone the sangi toothpastes and your site
- LBLuella B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6/30/20Great Toothpaste - smooth back of teeth again!
Really happy with product - a little difficult in communicating with Japan Taste (sent email about ETA as hadn't heard anything over a week after ordering) however the product was sent 10 days later. And the toothpaste is great.