This flat bottom wok has a flat base, allowing it to sit steadily on any cooking top, including an induction stove. Designed for professional use and made completely of cast iron for cooking foods in high heat.
Wok usually has a deep cooking surface, so it is suitable for cooking dishes like stew, curry, deep fried dishes, fried rice, paella, and more. Further, unlike Guangdong-style cooking pots, this one comes with a handle to make it easy to move and tilt the wok when stir-frying.
Made of iron which has better heat conductivity and retention characteristics than stainless steel, aluminum, or titanium, so you can efficiently cook foods in a shorter time. In addition, by cooking with this wok you can take some iron from the meals because an elution of iron ion gets absorbed by the heated food.
- Flat base so it can be used on any cooking top, including an induction stove.
- Flat bottom and short handle, which makes it great for stir fry on any surface.
- This wok is made of all-metal, including the handle, so that it can be put in the oven without worry. Just don't forget to wear oven mitts!
- To choose from 3 sizes: 27cm, 30cm or 33cm.
The cast iron cookware requires a process called seasoning to avoid food sticking and rusting. It is said that proper and constant seasoning allows the pan to last for decades.
After use, brush it with scrubbing brush or sponge and rinse impurities with water. Then heat the wok to remove humidity. To prevent rusting, dry it completely.
Cool the wok for a while, add the oil to the entire pan surface, and store it in a dry place. Wrap it with newspaper so that you can keep it hygienic and dry.
- Material: Iron
- Size: φ270 × 415 × 115mm (27cm) / φ300 × 445 × 133mm (30cm) / φ330 × 480 × 154mm (33cm)
- Weight: 850g (27cm) / 1,010g (30cm) / 1,200g (33cm)
- Thickness: 1.2mm
- Compatible with gas fire and IH stoves.
- Not dishwasher-safe, gently wash by hand with a wok brush.
- Made in Japan