Taiyaki is a Japanese fish-shaped waffle or pancake, usually filled with red bean paste or custard cream. It is a must-try for fans of Japanese street food. However, if you can’t find fresh taiyaki in your area or can’t make it to Japan soon to try the good stuff, then these Azuki Bean Taiyaki from Tada Seika are a great alternative!
This taiyaki snack is filled with a generous serving of koshian, which is a sweet Japanese paste made with mashed red beans. It has a rich and sweet flavor, and a smooth texture that pairs well with the waffle cake and is easy to eat.
Sometimes with taiyaki, they can contain only a little bit of filling, which is hard to tell until you take a bite into it. However, this taiyaki snack contains plenty of red bean anko filling, meaning that you will enjoy the combination of the waffle dough and anko in every bite.
Its waffle dough includes tapioca starch to give it a fluffy and chewy texture. Enjoy the combination of the mellow sweetness and subtle eggy flavor of the waffle dough, paired with the rich sweet flavor of the anko. You’ll feel like you’ve just purchased a fresh taiyaki from a street vendor in Japan with this taiyaki snack.
- Net contents: 10 individually-wrapped pieces
- Main ingredients: Strained azuki red bean paste, sugar, flour, egg, vegetable oil, starch syrup, emulsified oil, processed starch
- Potential allergens: Wheat, egg, milk, soybean
- Made in Japan
- EAElizabeth A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7/19/23Insanely Delicious
These were so tasty that I ordered them again. I wish I could get them locally. Genuinely addictive!
- HYHiroshi Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars7/18/23H Y
Good size for a small dessert. Packed each so I can keep ‘‘em long time.
- GCGina C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7/5/23Oishii
So yummy. Soft outside and creamy center. Goes perfect with a cup of roasted rice green matcha tea.