Based in the Fushimi district of Kyoto, traditional Japanese sake from Tsuki no Katsura - one of the oldest sake breweries in Kyoto, is something that fans of Japanese sake must experience. Tsuki no Katsura has used the same traditional methods of sake-making for 14 generations and counting to provide genuine and authentic Japanese sake.
Furthermore, Tsuki no Katsura specializes in crafting sake varieties only made with rice, water, and koji (rice malt). Also, sake that are made without distilled alcohol are more likely to have a stronger rice umami than those containing distilled alcohol. This is due to the fact that there are less ingredients in sake that are made without distilled alcohol.
If you are someone who loves alcoholic drinks with a stronger acidic profile, this junmai variety of Japanese sake from Tsuki no Katsura (a sake brewery managed by a company called Masuda Tokubee Shoten) is the perfect choice for you.
- Asahi is produced with Kyoto’s local rice - Asahi rice - that is cultivated organically, so you can experience a pleasant rice taste from this Kyoto rice.
- Its harmonic aroma of soft and milky notes, and its acidity that resembles that of a lactic acid beverage makes this sake versatile enough to be paired with any type of cuisine.
- Despite its uniquely-umami rice aroma, its aftertaste is smooth and crisp. It is lightly balanced, but has an exquisite taste regardless of if it is served warm or chilled.
- Net contents: 720ml
- Ingredients: Asahi-4-Go rice (from Kyoto, literally translated as “Asahi No.4”)
- Sake type: Junmai-shu
- Rice-polishing ratio: 60%
- Sweetness level: Medium
- Flavor profile: Medium
- ABV: 15%
- Made in Japan
- BKBil K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6/30/23Smooth And Crisp
This Junmai is made from only organically cultivated rice, pure water and the best koji. It has a lightly balanced flavor that is delicious and versatile enough to be paired with any variety of food. Enjoy!