This is a big bag of dried bonito flakes or katsuobushi. Use katsuobushi to create authentic Japanese dishes full of umami flavor from okonomiyaki to dashi soup. Made from premium bonito caught in Japan, these bonito flakes from Yamaki are sometimes known as ‘dancing flakes’ due to the way they move when placed as a topping on hot dishes like okonomiyaki.
Yamaki corporation is one of Japan’s top manufacturers of katsuobushi, producing high-quality bonito flakes since 1917. Sprinkle on top of hot dishes or use Yamaki Katsuobushi in dashi or as a base for delicious Japanese soups and sauces.
As topping or condiment: spread on top of your favorite salad, okonomiyaki, yakisoba, pasta, etc. to bring out the umami flavor in your dishes.
For making dashi: bring 650 ml of water to the boil, weaken the heat and add the bonito flakes. Quickly boil the water again on a medium heat. Turn off the heat when the katsuobushi has completely sunk. Strain the soup and separate the katsuobushi with the soup.
- Net weight: 70g
- Made in Japan
- SSagiVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1/22/23Nice
Nice but too smoky for me
- SSagiVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1/21/23Nice
Bice but too smoky for me
- NPNeil P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/15/23Katsuobushi
I use these as toppings on everything - thank you!!
- SWSara W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7/14/22Bonito flakes
It's easy to use
- AAuerbachVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/10/22Yamaki Katsuobushi Japanese Dried Bonito Flakes Big Bag 80g
The product arrive in perfect condition, and served its purpose perfectly. The overseas shipping did not impact the subtle smoky umami flavor of Katsobushi.
- MHMarcia H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9/15/21Very Good
Sometimes I make dashi from scratch, instead of relying on the every day powders. This makes good dashi (two batches) and is a great addition to pickles afterward.