This product is made by Yano Noen, a family-owned Japanese plum farm located in Oita Prefecture. This is a paste version of umeboshi pickled plum.
This type of umeboshi is called neriume, or umeboshi paste. By removing the seed from each umeboshi and mashing it, you can readily eat it or use it as a seasoning paste to add a sour punch to dishes.
Like normal umeboshi made by Yano Noen, it is seasoned with salt and shiso (red perilla) without additives, so you can experience classic Japanese pickled plum that features a strong taste of sourness and saltiness.
Mix this umeboshi paste with soy sauce to create a fruity dipping sauce. It is also nice to use it with dashi soup so that you can enjoy both umami and tangy flavors.
While you can directly eat this product (Yano Farm says that this is the best way to enjoy it), you can use it as a condiment with various dishes.
Here are the other recommended uses recommended by the Yano Noen: ingredient for filling of stuffed meat rolls, garnish of gyoza dipping sauce, mixing it with mayo and mirin, etc.
Keep this product in a cool and dark place.
- Net contents: 150g
- Ingredients: Japanese ume plum, red perilla, salt
- Nutrition facts (per 100g): Energy 42kcal, protein 0.8g, fat 1g, carbohydrate 7.5g, sodium 14.4g
- Potential allergens: None
- Note: Package design may be subject to change without notice.
- Made in Japan
- Tomoyo K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars9/2/22Easy to use
I use this a lot for everything. Add to somen noodle, sunomono, and even pasta. It's very convenient and easy to use.
- Kiyo M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars7/18/22Ume Paste
I wish it was organic. Otherwise, the flavor and quality are good.