Gyokuroen Shiitake Mushroom Tea comes in granulated form and is blended with other seasonings like salt and sugar to adjust the flavor and taste. In addition to the easily-dissolvible powder, domestically products Japanese shiitake mushroom chips are added for a boost of umami and texture.
It has savory aroma and can also be used as soup stock, or added to sauces or other dishes to introduce the incredible depth of umami flavor that shiitake brings.
Put and dissolve a bag of shiitake tea into 100ml (3.38oz) of hot water.
You can use it as soup stock for cooking.
- Net contents: 2g × 10 sachets
- Ingredients: Salt, dextrin, sugar, shiitake extract powder, gelatin, dried shiitake mushroom chips, seasonings, fragrances
- Nutritional information (per stick): 5kcal, 0.1g protein, 0g fat, 1.0g carbohydrates, 0.8g sat
- Made in Japan
- AHAdriane H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9/6/23Different, but good!
I bought this for my mom. She lives in assisted living and misses her traditional foods. She really enjoyed the tea and said it tasted like shitake. She said it was different to drink shitake rather than eat it.
- KCKamyee C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/12/22Great taste and fragrance of Mushroom
I had this Mushroom Tea 30 years ago in Japan. I am very glad that Japanese Taste carries this in their site for American consumers. Good quality product.
- IAInna A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5/18/21Good taste and aroma
Thank you very much for the fast delivery of my order. I use shiitake mushroom as a hot tea. And add it to soup and vegetables. I like the taste and aroma.