If you love making sushi at home but want to recreate a real Japanese sushi-restaurant-like experience, you can do exactly that with this Sushi Making Kit! This kit includes everything you need to make the tastiest sushi and replicate a Japan-like sushi experience.
Start with the Kunitaro Sushiyasan Konacha Green Tea, (which is the exact same kind of green tea that sushi restaurants in Japan use!) and pour your freshly-made tea into the Sohogama Sushi Yunomi Cup Porcelain Tea Mugs.
Next, take your freshly-made sushi rice and spread it into the Umezawa Sawara Hangiri using the included Umezawa Hinoki Wood Rice Scoop. This will help it to cool down faster. Season your sushi rice with Marusan Sushi Rice Vinegar and you’ll immediately have perfect sushi rice. No need to season the vinegar as it is already perfectly ready to season rice for sushi.
After you have your sushi rice, it’s time to make some rolls! The Yamamoto Japanese Premium Nori Seaweed Sheets are the perfect choice for making sushi rolls, as they’re perfectly crispy! Place a sheet of nori onto the included Bamboo Sushi Rolling Mat, and then start layering on your rice and sushi toppings of your choice. Roll everything tightly together with the help of the sushi mat, and you’ll be good to go!
For serving the sushi rolls, the Suehiro Premium Saishikomi Shoyu and Kameya Coarsely Grated Wasabi Paste will really take your sushi experience up a notch, as if you were in Japan eating sushi. Suehiro’s premium Saishikomi Shoyu is a twice-brewed shoyu packed with umami flavor. It will blow the local soy sauce you get from the supermarket out of the water! The Kameya Coarsely Grated Wasabi is made from actual wasabi root which has a much fresher flavor, and is not as pungent as the wasabi that comes in small packs. The best part is that both the soy sauce is 100% natural and does not contain any artificial flavors or preservatives.
You’ll impress all of your friends and family (and even yourself) at your next sushi party with the help of the J Taste Authentic Sushi Making Kit. You don’t need to go to Japan to experience authentic sushi, just use this kit instead!
For making hot Konacha:
- Place a teabag in your teapot.
- Pour hot water over the teabag. For larger teapots (4 cups or more), consider using an extra teabag.
- Wait 30-45 seconds for your tea to steep. If you prefer a stronger brew, extend the steeping time to your liking.
For making sushi rice:
- Use 80ml of sushi vinegar to season 300g (uncooked weight) short-grain rice, adjust to your preference.
- Transfer the cooked rice into the Hangiri and add the sushi vinegar directly over the rice.
- Use the included wooden rice paddle to evenly season the rice and use a fan at the same time to cool the rice down.
Handmade Japanese kitchenware and homeware can last a lifetime, if cared for correctly. Ensure you’ll be making delicious sushi for many years to come by looking after the items included in this set.
After use, make sure to keep your Umezawa Hangiri completely dry. This ensures the wood won't warp or crack from absorbing too much moisture. Before each use, wipe the inner surface lightly with a wet cloth to prevent rice sticking to the bowl. Avoid washing with chlorine-based detergents.
The Natural Bamboo Sushi Mat and Umezawa Hinoki Rice Scoop should be hand-washed only. All wooden products should be left to air-dry completely before storage, to avoid damage and mold.
This authentic sushi-making kit includes everything you need for having the ultimate sushi experience at home, including:
- Kunitaro Sushiyasan Konacha Powdered Green Tea with Uji Matcha 20 Bags
- Sohogama Sushi Yunomi Cup Porcelain Tea Mug (x2)
- Umezawa Sawara Cypress Hangiri (Wooden Sushi Oke Bowl) 36cm
- Umezawa Hinoki Japanese Cypress Wood Rice Scoop
- Suehiro Premium Saishikomi Shoyu Japanese Twice-Brewed Soy Sauce 100ml
- Kameya Coarsely Grated Wasabi Paste 50g
- Marusan Sushi Rice Vinegar Artisanally Crafted Rice Vinegar For Sushi 360ml
- Yamamoto Japanese Premium Nori Seaweed Sheets 10 ct.
- Natural Bamboo Sushi Rolling Mat (Made in Japan) 24cm
- Potential allergens: Soybean, wheat
- Umezawa hangiri bowl may have some spots of wood that feel greasy. This is a completely safe natural sawara resin that comes from the wood.
- Made in Japan