Kayanoya Niboshi Dashi is made with three different varieties of dried sardine and with less sodium than before.
It's a unique and robust taste. The unique flavors of dried sardine, anchovy, kelp, shiitake mushroom, and roasted flying fish combine to create an unforgettable dashi stock in four minutes!
This combination offers strong umami (savory flavor). A perfect dashi choice for miso soup!
There are two ways to prepare stock with Kayanoya dashi. If your dish requires clear stock, use Method 1. If your dish does not require clear stock, use either Method a or b. Both methods result in full-flavored stock.
Method a: Infusion
One packet in 1 ¾ cups water (400 ml) for regular-strength dashi, or two packets in 2 cups water (500 ml) for hearty dashi. Place water and unopened packet(s) in saucepan. Bring water to simmer over medium heat, and hold temperature for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and discard packet(s). Stock is ready to use.
Method b: Inclusion (produces stock with powder particles.)
Place water in saucepan. Tear packet and empty powder into saucepan. Bring water to simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, and hold temperature for 4 to 5 minutes. Stock is ready to use.
You can add dashi powder directly to dishes for a surprising flavor boost. Add dashi directly to stir-fried dishes... use as a rub for meat, poultry or seafood... add to pasta or pasta sauces... use as seasoning for rice and grains, hamburger and more... sprinkle on pizza dough before baking. Then use your imagination!
- Ingredients: [Dried Fish (Anchovy, Flying Fish), Dried Sardine Extract Powder, Dried Round Herring, Kelp, Shiitake Mushroom, Roasted Flying Fish], Starch Hydrolysate, Yeast Extract, Fermented Seasoning [Fermented Seasoning (Soybean, Wheat), Starch Hydrolysate, Yeast Extract], Salt
- Net Weight: 8.4 oz (240 g)
- Contents: 8g × 30 packets
- Shelf Life: 1 year when stored in a cool place.
- Made in Japan
- MarinaVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars4/5/22A good product
A good product overall but has a pretty strong smell and taste of fish.