Nisshin Takoyaki flour mix already contains powdered dashi (bonito and konbu seaweed extract) and pickled ginger to enhance the taste of takoyaki.
Furthermore, with this special flour mix you will achieve crunchy takoyakis outside and at the same time slurry inside.
By adding the ingredients of octopus (or anything you want to put inside like squid, meet, cheese, or vegetables), you can create delicious takoyaki!
Takoyaki is a Japanese savoury ball-shaped pancake that mainly consists of batter filled with octopus or any other filling.
The word "Tako" means Octopus, and the word "yaki" means grilled or cooked. Thus, you can add different toppings and ingredients to the batter base. The most common filling is of course octopus, but you can put squid, shrimp, cheese or anything you think would match with.
And for the toppings; Takoyaki Sauce, Japanese mayonnaise,Katsuobushi (bonito flakes) or aonori (type of seaweed) makes takoyaki even better!
For making 30 pieces:
Prepare; 150g of the flour mix, 450cc of water, 1 egg, and 50g of octopus or any ingredients of your choice.
- Mix the flour mix, egg, and water in a bowl. Stir well. (It looks like very watery but that is how it's supposed to be.)
- Prepare a takoyaki plate with 230 to 250 ℃, put the dough into holes of takoyaki plate, up to 80% filling.
- Add the ingredients into the holes and then add more dough until it overflows.
- When the dough gets brown, start twisting the dough as you make them into ball shapes.
- When it is cooked, top with sauce and seasoning of your choice.
- Net contents: 500g
- Made in Japan
- Cherrie M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars5/21/20Worth it
I looooove the products, worth the wait from Japan. Cravings satisfied!!