Nobel Neriri Ume Neri is a Japanese candy that is made from umeboshi (pickled plum) flesh. According to the manufacturer, the flesh is kneaded into dough, gets solidified, and is then cut into bite-sized pieces.
Ume Neri is actually a concentrated form of umeboshi: the more you chew it, the more the flavor of plum spreads in your mouth. In terms of texture, its outside is tough while the inside is soft.
This chewy snack is ideal for combating sudden cravings without excessive calorie intake because of the low calories (54kcal per bag) even when you eat a whole bag of candies.
Like real umeboshi, this snack is seasoned with umesu (umeboshi vinegar) and shiso (perilla, also known as Japanese basil).
- Contents: Pack of 10 bags
- Net weight (per bag): 20g
- Main ingredients: Dextrin, salt, Japanese plum flesh powder (dextrin, oligosaccharide, plum flesh, plum vinegar, salt, powdered shiso perilla), vegetable oil, powdered oblate
- Nutrition facts (per bag): Energy 54kcal, protein 0.4g, fat 0.35g, carbohydrate 15.38g, sodium 3.2g
- Potential allergens: Soybean
- Note: The candy is tough, be careful when you chew it.
- Made in Japan