The Otafuku Okonomiyaki Kit contains everything to prepare authentic Japanese savoury okonomiyaki; okonomiyaki flour mix with yam powder, tempura bits, and aonori seaweed!
With the additional - not included in the pack - of cabbage, eggs and any toppings you like, you can create delicious okonomiyaki.
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake that mainly consists of batter and cabbage. The word "okonomi" means your choice or how you like. And the word "yaki" means grilled or cooked. Thus, you can add different toppings and ingredients to the batter and cabbage base. The most common fillings are pork, squid, octopus, shrimp, kimchi and green onion. And for the toppings; okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise, katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) or aonori (a type of seaweed).
- Put 160cc water in a bowl. Add the flour mix (white package) and mix with spoon. It is okay to leave some undissolved lumps of flour
- Add about 300g of cabbage, 2 eggs, green onion and the tempura crisps (yellow package).
- Heat the frying pan and add the mixture on the pan. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add thinly sliced toppings (e.g. bacon) on it according to your preference.
- Flip the pancake, put the lid over them and cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip again and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise, aonori seaweed (gray package), and bonito flakes on top.
- Net contents: 240g (100g×2 flour mix packages, 20g×2 tempura crisp packages, and 2 aonori packages)
- Main ingredients (flour mix): Flour, dehydrated yam, dehydrated kelp extract, breadcrumbs, salt, sugar, vegetable fat and oil, dehydrated bonito extract, powdered dried sardine flake, powdered dried mackerel flake, powdered dried bonito flake
- Main ingredients (tempura crisp): Flour, vegetable fat and oil, ikaten (squid tempura), powdered squid, salt, hot pepper
- Main ingredients (aonori): Aonori seaweed
- Nutrition facts (per 60g): Energy 235kcal, protein 5.7g, fat 5.3g, carbohydrate 41.2g, sodium 1.8g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, squid, mackerel, soybean, yam
- Made in Japan
- Paul W S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars9/16/20Thank You!
To be able to order this during the height of Covid (in March/April) and get it fairly quickly was fantastic. Though, all the packages I bought expire 1/2021... so if you’re planning on saving it for a long period of time; you’re in a bad spot. Luckily, I took a day and made all packages at once. Will def order again!
- Thomas F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars8/19/20Great taste and easy/successful prep!
Great taste and always fun to make okonomiyaki! Only issue is that the instructions are only in Japanese. The pictures are sort of easy to follow, but it helped a lot that I had made this a few times previously from a kit that included English instructions.