Dondonyaki is an old-fashioned Japanese puffed-cracker snack, also called dagashi. It is a tasty sauce-flavored savory snack that has been sold for decades. Enjoy this long-selling dagashi (Japanese penny snack) at home.
This bite-sized snack has a tasty and addictive fried flavor, combined with a flavorful, sweet and sour okonomiyaki or tonkatsu sauce style seasoning to cut through the richness. Surprisingly, it is also not too salty. It’s also sprinkled with aosa seaweed, also known as sea lettuce, to give an extra layor of depth to its flavor profile..
It has a light and airy texture, with a lot of crunch. The combination of flavors and textures makes this an incredibly addictive treat. It comes in a cute old-school package design that brings many people in Japan right back to their childhoods.
It is said that there are a small amount of peanuts (sometimes half a peanut, sometimes one peanut, or even two or three) included in each Dondonyaki package. Finding a peanut in your sauce flavored dondonyaki might be like a snacktime treasure hunt!
- Contents: Pack of 15 bags
- Net weight (per bag): 12g
- Main ingredients: Flour, vegetable oil, starch, sauce, sugar, powdered aosa sea lettuce, peanuts, spices, salt
- Nutrition facts (per bag): Energy 61kcal, protein 0.7g, fat 3.1g, carbohydrate 7.7g, sodium 0.3g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, milk, peanuts, soybean
- Note: On rare occasions, some bags may not contain peanuts.
- Made in Japan
- KJKam J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/18/23Great little snack in a cool looking bag
I've been getting these for a few years from various places and always enjoyed them. This is the first time I've had the one with "sauce" on it and it's good too. Not sure if I like it better though, I should to get some of the other one and taste test.