This is a traditional tamari soy sauce made with the simple ingredients of Japanese soybeans and salt, which are slowly aged for 3 years in 145-year-old wooden kioke barrels. This premium tamari shoyu does not contain wheat so it is a great option for those with a gluten intolerance or those who simply want to experience what premium Japanese tamari soy sauce actually tastes like.
This luxurious tamari shoyu is produced in limited batches because it is extracted as a by-product from the liquid that accumulates during the miso production process. Gin Warabeuta tamari has a water to soybean ratio of 1:3, giving it a rich, flavorful taste packed full of umami, and a texture thicker than typical soy sauce.
While most Japanese soy sauce and tamari use salt from overseas, Minamigura tamari uses only Japanese domestic salt which has been harvested using traditional and natural methods, which helps to make it a more premium Japanese tamari shoyu product.
Minamigura Shoten has been making this particular tamari shoyu for more than 145 years in the town of Taketoyo in Aichi Prefecture.
This shoyu is best enjoyed as condiment or dipping sauce. Goes well with Japanese food as well as steaks and olive oil base dressings. Also works great when making sauces and glazes such as homemade teriyaki sauce.
- 3-Year barrel aged shoyu.
- Gluten-free soy sauce.
- Made with premium ingredients from Japan.
- 1:3 ratio of water to soy beans.
- Twice more umami content than ordinary soy sauces.
- Net contents: 200ml
- Ingredients: Domestic soybeans (non-GMO), domestic salt
- Nutrition facts (per 100ml): Energy 115kcal, protein 14.4g, fat 0g, carbohydrate 14.3g, sodium 17.0g
- Potential allergen: Soybean
- Made in Japan
- VMvan m.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/12/23Shoyu
So good, smooth taste, my go to
- JSJanice S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1/11/23Aged Soy Sauce
Full bodied taste. Love it. Thanks so glad I tried it.
- JAJ A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars9/23/22Great little bottle
This was part of my first order of higher quality soy sauce. It is much more complex than the average stuff I can find at the grocery store. Very good. It is just too expensive for me.
- AWArnold Wilko I.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9/15/22Superb Shoyu
It is the best Shoyu I ever tasted. So pure, earthy, natural.
Thank you for your exquisite labor and love for the Japanese traditions.