A Sushi Oke or Hangiri Bowl is an essential Japanese cookware for preparing sushi rice in the right way. The characteristics of the wood and wide shape of the bowl quickly cool the hot rice and remove the excess of water.
You can also use the sushi oke to make chirashi sushi by adding and mixing the rice with other ingredients.
This wooden hangiri bowl comes with a lid and has a capacity of 1050 grams of sushi rice.
Made by the producer Tachibana which has more than 100 years of history.
Normally, you have to soak the sushi bowl in the water before adding the rice, but with this sushi bowl, you do not need to do it.
To make sushi rice; Mix boiled rice with sushi vinegar directly on the bowl.
- Size: 36cm × 11cm
- Weight: 1220g
- Made in Japan
- Jennifer O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1/9/23Great quality Hangiri
I needed a large Hangiri for a big holiday - make your own temaki- party. It helped to set a decor as well as do its job with the rice.. I expect to use it for years to come. Also may use it for crudite or some other serving purpose from time to time.
- Vasil K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars11/8/225 stars Sushi bowl!!!!!
Very precise well-done product ! Thank you all!
- Paul D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars5/26/22Tachibana Sushi Oke Wooden Hangiri Bowl with Lid 36cm.
Great product & service
- Eric B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2/9/22Great Product! Great Service! Fast Shipping!
Excellent craftsmanship! After using a glass bowl for many years, I’m so happy I finally decided to purchase the proper equipment. Beautiful wood construction and very solidly built. This will get a lot of use in my kitchen. Thank you.
- Sven D.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productRated 1 stars2/2/22Sides began to separate after about 10 uses
We got about 10 uses out of it before the sides began to pull apart. Would be a great unit if it didn't fall apart.