Positioned as a high class Japanese confection the Hoshigaki, or also called Japanese Dried Persimmons, have a delicate sweet taste and smooth texture that spreads in the mouth like no other dried fruit.
On top of that, dried persimmon is a healthy food full of valuable nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, minerals, polyphenols and dietary fiber, among other nutrients.
100% natural and healthy snack that helps curb your hunger between meals.
Ichidagaki is a Japanese Geographical Indication for only superior quality Japanese dried persimmons.
The Ichidagaki is sweeter than other varieties of persimmon. It has a light brown color and a soft, chewy flesh. In addition to the qualities of Ichida persimmon, proper drying and kneading techniques are also important to make these premium Japanese dried persimmons.
Ichida persimmons are cultivated only in the south area of Nagano Prefecture, a region where the cultivation of kakis has continued for more than 500 years.
- Seasonal product only sold from December until beginning of March.
- The white powdered glaze comes from the natural fruit glucose that crystallizes on the surface.
- Each persimmon is carefully selected and weighs more than the average kaki.
- Net weight: 450g / 0.99 lb
- Made in Nagano, Japan
- Doris C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2/1/23Yummy dried persimmons
It is very yummy. I can’t stop to eat one by one. Only the price is a bit expensive and including the high flight fee.
- HeatherVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1/24/23Fantastic
I love persimmons fresh or dried & always wanted to try the Japanese version. These are beautiful & so sweet & thick. Love Love Love
- Jacklin C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1/20/23Best dried persimmons
This is 3rd year I been ordering dried persimmon
I ordered share with family and friends
Everyone loves it and they said best of the best
Quality and taste is unbelievable
- LaVone W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1/20/23Delicious!
These dried persimmons were fabulous! I read an article in the NYTimes about the process of drying persimmons and decided it was far too complicated for me to attempt, so I found these online. This was my second order!
- Deborah P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1/17/23A new taste treat
I was intrigued by the idea of dried persimmons - hadn’t heard of them before. I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor and texture - very similar to the fresh fruit, but of course not as juicy. They were a bit pricey but worth it.