Wahei Freiz Iron Frying Pan has the right material, size, and shape for cooking gyoza and other ingredients that need strong fire.
This Japanese cooking pan is made of iron because gyoza dumplings should be cooked with strong fire and iron can resist high temperatures perfectly.
Iron is also a suitable material for frying and grilling since the "oil lies in the pan" and does not repel it. Also the more you use and maintain an iron pan, the better the pan gets.
This iron pan has been designed with the purpose of cooking delicious Japanese gyoza dumplings but you can also use it to cook Japanese omelette, yakiniku BBQ, tamagoyaki, and other dishes.
Proudly made in Tsubame Sanjo, Niigata, which is a famous area for metal processing.
- Model number: EM-045
- Size: Approx. 395mm × 310mm × 89mm
- Weight: Approx. 1,800g
- Material: Iron (body) / iron, fiber line processing (cooking surface) / iron, chromium plating (handle) / iron, chromium plating (lid)
- Manufacturer: Wahei Freiz
- Made in Japan
- Richard C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars5/1/22As I already said, GREAT! But will the silicone coating last?
"Hane-tsuki gyoza" slides right off the pan, into the serving dish. Will the silicone-coated finish be tough enough to last many years? I don't know, yet. All I can say is I'll respect the limits of non-stick coatings and never use metal utensils. But I really wish these good people would make either a carbon steel, or a straight up cast iron version so I can use their pan until I die.
- Richard C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars4/22/22It's the appropriate shape and size for my homemade gyoza, but will it last?
Ok. I wanted something like cast iron or carbon steel that will last many years. But will silicone-treated "iron" steel last? For this price, it definitely should. Time will tell, but I've only used this for 2 weeks. How can I give you a review? We're living through a period when we may even see "Made in Japan"-quality decline. Most of my life, "Made in Japan" meant that the product was made by very conscientious people who have a lot of pride in their work. They would make a thing as if they were making it for their own family. I trust that. I very much want to KEEP trusting that. I'll treat it well, but scratches happen. I really hope this non-stick coating lasts. But is "silicone" really the best surface for durability? I'll tell you in 10 years. ;)
- David W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars6/20/21Gyoza pan 👍
Easy to use, already ordered another one
- Matthew R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars9/30/20Gyoza Frying Pan
We love the pan and all that it can do for gyoza. Our only qualm is that the pan heats unevenly so there's a lot of turning of the pan to get the gyoza to cook evenly. This could be due to the fact our American burners are not meant to support a rectangle style pan. Either way, we do love the ease of cooking them in this pan. We would purchase again