The Yamaroku Kikubishio Shoyu is a premium Japanese soy sauce made of high quality natural ingredients and following traditional techniques. Compared with Tsurubishio soy sauce, this orthodox soy sauce has a blander flavor.
Kikubishio Shoyu has a beautiful red brown color, faintly sweet scent, and light taste.
The soy sauce is still made in large wooden barrels which have been used for over 150 years since the foundation of Yamaroku. The passage of time makes the lactic acid bacteria and yeasts settle tightly inside the barrels, giving the soy sauce a distinctive flavor and taste.
What makes Kikubishio different from the other soy sauces is the ingredients. Kikubishio Shoyu is made with Tanba kuromame (Japanese high class black soybean) and Japanese wheat cultivar called Sanuki-no-Yume which is originally bred for udon. These make the soy sauce's umami and aroma richer and unique.
Based on its bland taste, Kikubishio is the best choice in seasoning the dishes in simple way that its sharpness will enrich the taste of the foods without disrupting their original flavor. Its beautiful color is useful in making visually beautiful dishes.
The best way to enjoy this soy sauce is simply add it to the egg rice or cooked shiitake so that you can further appreciate its aroma.
Its bland taste boosts the umami of meat regardless of beef, pork, poultry, mutton, etc.
- Net contents: 500ml
- Ingredients: Tanba black soybean, Sanuki-no-Yume wheat, solar salt (from Mexico)
- Nutrition facts (per 100g): Energy 87kcal, protein 8.6g, fat 0.1g, carbohydrate 9.5g, sodium 14.5g
- Potential allergens: Wheat, soybean
- Note: Close the bottle cap tightly once opened, and store it in a cool and dark place.
- Made in Japan
- DRDavid R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/28/22Great addition to orientalist cuisine
Gave delicious flavour to recipes
- HFHeidi F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/19/22Delicious
Very high quality soy sauce made in the traditional method.
- MFMarilyn F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/21/22Best soy sauce
All I can sa is the best soy sauce for me period...
- LXLin X.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11/17/22Good stuff
Rich flavor. Great with sashimi
- MGMarge G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10/26/22Yamaroku Kikubishio Soy sauce
I am very pleased, I think it’s excellent
- RRvaldezI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars10/20/22It is very pricey, 500 ml will cause more than $60.00 for total amount including the 15 % discount
I watched the video, it looks good, I tried to order but when I saw the total amount I changed my mind.
It will cost more that $60.00 including the 15% discount for 1 bottle of 500 ml soy sauce.