The Yamaroku Tsurubishio Shoyu is a premium Japanese barrel-aged soy sauce made of high quality natural ingredients and by following traditional techniques.
Tsurubishio Shoyu has dark, almost black color, very rich and strong scent, and mellow taste.
The soy sauce is aged in large wooden barrels which have been used for over 150 years since the foundation of Yamaroku. The passage of time makes the lactic acid bacteria and yeasts settle tightly inside the barrels, giving the soy sauce a distinctive flavor and taste.
What makes this soy sauce different from the others is Yamaroku's "re-preparation method". While conventional soy sauces are sold into market after 2-years-fermentation, Yamaroku once extracts the soy sauce from the barrel, puts it into the barrel again, and ferments it for another 2 years. This makes the flavor very rich and full.
Close the bottle cap tightly once opened, and store it in a cool and dark place. Avoid direct heat or sunlight.
- Ingredients: Whole soybeans, wheat, salt
- Net contents: 500ml
- Made in Japan
- ASAaron S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/29/23Delicious!
Once you try this soy sauce you will never look back. Japanese Taste is an amazing site with fair prices and offers free shipping.
- MGMarte G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/9/23Excellent
The sauce was wonderful, the delivery was fast
- SPSandra P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/6/23Great experience
The product is amazing! Any time I have guests at my house we do taste test, and everyone is impressed! The shipping to Czechia took only 4days. It was faster than domestic shipping. I recommend Taste of Japan!
- ATAna T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/1/23The best Soy Sauce
Such incredible flavour and beautiful history to go with it.
- LILily I.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10/21/23Truly the best soy sauce in the world
The time and effort put in to make this is astonishing, and is appreciated with every taste, thank you
- KLKeith L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10/21/23So Good
I love traditional ways of making all sorts of things and this Soy Sauce is just amazing the depth of this Soy Sause is unbelievably I only use it on certain dished so not to waste it. If you would like to treat yourself and save a long lost art I highly recommend this Soy Sause.