Shichimi Togarashi is a common Japanese seasoning made from a mixture of seven (shichi in Japanese) ingredients that has a well-balanced spicy taste and great aroma.
The Japanese seven spice has more than 350 years of history, with a recipe whose origins lie in herbal medicines
The blend of ingredients differs slightly depending on each Shichimi producer. Yawataya Isogoro's Shichimi contains:
- Chili peppers
- Spicy Japanese peppers called sansho (sichuan peppers)
- Richly flavored hemp seeds
- Black sesame
- Dried orange peel
It comes in a nicely designed retro can that keeps the spice mix fresh
Shichimi powder is a versatile seasoning. You can simply sprinkle a small amount of Shichimi on any dish to add aroma and spicy flavor.
It is not only suitable for Japanese dishes, such as soups, soba and udon noodles, but it also goes well with other dishes such as fish, meat, rice and salads.
- Ingredients: medium strength chili peppers, spicy Jappanese peppers called sansho(Japanese peppers), ginger, richly flavored hemp seed, black sesame, dried orange peel and perilla
- Net weight: 14g
- Made in Japan
- Caribay R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars6/10/22Fresh flavor, excellent on ramen
The flavor comes well preserved and in two separate refill sealed bags to warranty it’s flavor. The packaging design is nice.
- Kenneth C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1/13/21Tasty spice mix with a nice bit of heat
This is a tasty Japanese spice mix, just like at a hibachi grill or sushi bar, that you might get to sprinkle in your noodle soup or on your gyozas. It has moderate hotness in the spice. I love it!
- Nick T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars11/14/20Togarashi
Love it, and thanks for prompt delivery.