Glico's Zeppin curry series is a premium curry roux for those who seek truly tasty Japanese curry. This is a hot curry roux, spiciness level 5 (in a range between 1 and 5).
ZEPPIN (described as 絶品 in Kanji) means "exquisite" in English, the best choice for those who genuinely wish to enjoy the curry with rich aroma of spices.
The roux have a double-layer structure: the block is made from a luxurious blend of 40 spices with a filling of thick Duxelles paste inside (patented feature).
4 roux blocks contained in a separable plastic package with each block accounts for 2 servings. The package bottom has a dent which is useful to break apart the block easily, and also useful when you wish to use in a small portion.
A globally accepted curry that it won the Superior Taste Award at the International Taste Institute for the four consecutive year.
Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 pack of ZEPPIN curry roux
- 2 tablespoons of salad oil or butter
- 1 M size carrot (about 200g)
- 2 M size onions (about 400g)
- 1 L size potato (about 200g)
- Meat (about 400g)
- 900ml of water (800ml if cooking in a covered pot)
How to make
- Preheat oil in pot, add bite-size pieces of meat and vegetables, and sauté well.
- Add water and simmer until ingredients soften (about 15 minutes).
- Add curry roux block into the pot. By breaking the block apart it allows quicker dissolution.
- Simmer once more at low heat and stirring occasionally until curry thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Spiciness level: Hot
- Net weight: 175 g (8 servings)
- Made in Japan
- AKAki K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/16/23Hotel Curry!
It smells like a hotel curry! Also, it has sweet onion and fruits taste in it.
- DDillonVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars12/28/22Amazing Curry Roux!!
This is hands down the best Japanese Curry Roux from the many that Ive tried. I love that this one has 4 packets than the heal standard 2 so if you want to make an even smaller amount you done have to refrigerate an opened package. When I made mine I used beef stock instead of water, added a little bit of Doro Sauce, and a tiny bit of instant coffee. It was amazing! Even without all of that it is still the best.
- NXNovi X.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7/7/225 Stars
It's very tasty and extremely easy to make. It's another variation of Japanese curry taste that I miss so much.
- PNPeter N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4/26/22Great service and great product
Order process worked smoothly and I got my order quickly. Exactly as described and tasted great. Will be buying again.
- MMomoVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4/15/22Great taste
The flavor is so great!! There are 4 individual packets inside the box, so you don't have to make whole big pot of curry at once.